Friday 7 July 2017

Sandra's Personal Testimony on "Carring on the Way" for Frontida March - June 2017


Sandra Joubert


It was an unbelievable journey for me personally, but also in my capacity as the one who God gave the vision to do this for Frontida Outreach.

My main focus: to raise awareness for their ministry in Thailand. It was absolutely wonderful to spend time with Marina when she was here and I enjoyed the worship and women’s events – Thank you Marina for your availability and your heart.

I loved being able to live out my love of nature as well as my love for my friends in Thailand, all in one. All glory to God who made the sometimes seemingly impossible, possible!

In the beginning it was really hard to know how I would survive 8 weekends with all the arrangements between my family, our transport and accommodation, as well as my other responsibilities, my dogs . . .

God is good all the time, and so faithful. From day one at our first breakfast stop at the dam just outside of Stellenbosch I experienced God’s presence and peace. And I knew He is also present in Thailand and busy working in and through Frontida.


So many experiences on the way touched my heart as each weekend went past. It reminded me of what life and ministry in Thailand might be like ... 
 Many highs and some lows.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 Highs:
My first local taxi ride. The prayer room outside Franschhoek on a farm. Quiet time next to the Theewaterskloof dam. My family joining us for a weekend camping, my husband and sons joining us on the hikes some of the days. Heart-shaped rocks on our toughest climbs over mountains. Being ‘blind’ to the snakes the others see. The most beautiful sunrises, misty mornings. Meeting the elderly reverend in Genadedal and sharing stories. Beautiful gardens after walking long dusty roads. Dassiefontein Farm stall after a long long hike on the highway. Milo in Elim on a cold hiking day. Struisbaai Backpackers.
Quality time with awesome friends and family who drove us around and supported us with prayer and in so many practical ways throughout the journey. Almost perfect weather the whole journey. Beautiful views, beautiful places, beautiful people.

 
 
 
 
 
Lows:
Sore tired bodies. A little bit of heat, wind, cold and rain. Getting lost  a lot of the time because of the bad directions given – making some days very frustrating, stealing joy and focus. Missed spending Mother’s day with my mom because of bad directions, changing a 13km day into a 26km day. My fellow hikers having difficult days.

Each day’s paths were achingly beautiful but very different with different views – rendering us insight on many areas of life and Frontida’s challenges in Thailand ...

New life sprouting is possible out of something that looks dead.

Reminders of dry seasons in our lives where God’s grace carry us.

God placing us in circumstances where we don’t understand our roll, where we must just wait in faith for His prompting to lead us.

Reminding me of the long difficult roads that Frontida Outreach walks with the children in Thailand sowing seeds of love, but also realising that only God can make that seed grow and bloom, thus PRAY!

 
 
 
 
 
Difference in culture can be a big mountain to climb.

I can really do ALL things through HIM! God will always give me strength to carry on doing His will.

Changing your ‘scenery’ and ‘view’ can make you forget the circumstances – shift your focus.

Realising it is okay to stop and rest and start again tomorrow.

That I can trust God with my family.

God provides in every season and so much more ...

 
Thank you Andre and Marina Olivier for your interest, your support, your prayers, it meant so much to me.

I did not do this in my own strength, but only through His grace and power. My dream is to visit Thailand with my family, to share His love, to see the smiling faces of the Thai children, to see the lights in Bangkok, to walk the beaches of Phuket. But only God knows what is in His blueprint plan for my life, His will be done, not mine ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment